Rather than reposting harvest related blog posts from years' past, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of posts that would be appropriate for the fall harvest time of the year. Here are my top 8 favorites:
1. Processing sugar pie pumpkins - How to roast, process and freeze all those lovely pumpkins that you either grew or are buying from the farmers market, farm stand or grocery store.
2. Corn preservation methods compared: I compare different corn preservation methods and let you know how they all turn out.
3. What to do with all those apples: From canning, drying, freezing to making drinks, they're covered in this post.
4. How to ripen green tomatoes: From storing them wrapped in newspaper in a box to putting them in a paper bag, what's your favorite method of ripening green tomatoes?
5. Saucy apples: My favorite apple sauce recipe.
6. Hard apple cider: A link to how to make hard apple cider.
7. Preserving food for the winter: This post has my favorite method for drying apples.
8. Grilled pumpkin with rosemary and sea salt: This recipe is up over on my mostly neglected food blog (and at Mother Earth News). It's one of my favorite things to do with pumpkin.
What's your favorite fall harvest recipe or activity? Feel free to post links to your blogs! If you use the linky tool below, make sure you link to an actual blog URL post. This post part of this week's Homestead Barn Hop.